Two of the last three School Captains have been drawn from Stapylton, a House which encourages and commemorates bold leadership.

Stapylton House is named after former Chairman of Governors H. E. Chetwynd Stapylton (1873 – 1885), who in 1886 bought the field in front of what is now the main school building for the School’s use. This ultimately helped secure a perfect site for the relocation of the School to Queen’s Road in 1932. The Stapylton Field, as it is called, is still very much in use today, primarily for rugby, cricket and the Founder’s Day Fete.