The newest of the six Houses at Queen Elizabeth’s School, Pearce was established in 1971 to accommodate the expansion of the School that was taking place at the time.

It is named after John Pearce, who began his teaching career at the School in 1932, aged 23. In 1950 he became Senior Master, a post he held until he retired in 1971. The House was created and named after him in the same year.